New York First Time Renewal (22.5 Hrs)
Why it’s for you:
- Courses in this package meet all of your state CE requirements.
- Take courses online at your own pace.
- This may meet your NAR and ethics requirements for New York.
What's included:Mandatory Hours: 12.5 hrs
Electives: 10 hrs
Total Hours: 22.5 hrs
- New York Ethical Business Practices and Legal Matter: In this course, we will review some basic concepts related to ethics, including a discussion of fraud. We will examine federal antitrust laws that are intended to protect the public from illegal practices that would hinder their right to choice in the marketplace. Finally, we will have a brief discussion about protecting the privacy and identity of consumers.
- New York Fair Housing & Agency Law: This course looks at the history of fair housing and examines in depth the most pertinent legislation in force today. The Fair Housing Act of 1968 was the first major legislation that applied to residential housing. Specific advertising policies are investigated and illustrated. The procedure for filing a complaint of discrimination are studied in detail and there are lots of hints on how to stay clear of discriminatory practices in sales, rentals and financing of real estate.
- New York New Salesperson Agency Law: This course covers all facets of the law of agency, specifically as it relates to New York. It will cover the history of agency law and common law and give an overview of the development of the agency arrangement throughout the years. It will also explain the key elements of fiduciary responsibility, as well as the consequences for failing to carry out those responsibilities.
- Implicit Bias Awareness and Cultural Competency: This course explores implicit, unconscious biases and how, by understanding them, we can interact and communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- NAR: May the Code Be With You: This course covers the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics, ethical practices, and decision-making in real estate. This course may be approvable for REALTORS® interested in fulfilling NAR's Code of Ethics requirement. To find out, check with your local REALTORS® association.
- Real Estate Safety: Protect Yourself and Your Clients: In this course, learn safety protocols real estate professionals can employ in the field. Explore tips for protecting yourself and clients, identify safety tips for getting a client’s home ready to sell, and learn how to conduct safe showings.
- Handling Multiple Offers: Multiple offers often happen in a seller’s market when competition for residential property is greatest and there are more buyers than there are properties for sale. However, it can occur in any market and especially for properties within an affordable price range. In this course, prepare for how to handle the scenario, no matter the market condition.